- 96% of third graders met standard reading criteria for TAKS tests.
- 86% of public school students passed the TAKS test in 2007, well above the state average of 70%.
- Most seniors in the 14 public school districts are prepared to enter college.
- Two-thirds of all parents work, which makes affordable quality child care, after-school care and summer programs of the utmost importance.
Work Group Priorities
- Educate families regarding available child care resources
- Increase awareness regarding the importance of non-profits in Collin County
- Partner with area school districts to maximize resources for homeless students
To obtain more information about the Education work group, please contact:
- Children's Medical Center at Legacy